It’s a question we get asked often. Being such a tight knit team, how are we able to maintain professionalism at work? But more importantly, how can you (the reader!) do the same in your own workspace? Simple. We’ve compiled a list of our top five rules! Read on to learn the Devise secrets to a successful friendship-colleague dynamic.
1. We hold each other accountable.
- Perhaps the most difficult rule to manage is not allowing our personal feelings to override what is in the best interest of the company. We allow a great amount of autonomy at work, but at the end of the day, the client’s needs come first. Thus, we hold each other responsible for completing tasks to perfection–and on time.
2. We know when to work…and when to play.
- We hold high expectations of one another. It’s all business until we can say with confidence that we’ve surpassed our goals. This isn’t to say that we don’t enjoy a good work atmosphere (we definitely do!), but we believe that in order to earn serious play time, we need to work that much harder.
3. We respect each other’s work styles.
- Everyone has different personalities, interests, and ways of working. We stay true to ourselves, but are respectful of each other’s differences. So long as quality is always at the forefront and deadlines are met, we understand that everyone works at his/her own pace and has a unique work style.
4. We always challenge each other.
- We believe in each member’s capabilities, but always challenge each other to step outside of our comfort zones and do bigger and better. The encouraging culture boosts our self-efficacy, and thus, how we work together.
5. We set aside our differences for the greater good.
- In an ideal world, everyone would always get along. But just like any perfectly dysfunctional family, sometimes we don’t see eye-to-eye. To combat this, we keep an open line of communication and understand that at the end of the day, we all want the same thing: team success.
Found this blog helpful? Be sure to check back in for more Devise tips and tricks!